Powerful and Simple Way to Support Our Work
Outright Gift of Life Insurance
Your life insurance policy can be a powerful and simple way to support our work. There are three ways to give life insurance to Rose Community Foundation:
- Name us a beneficiary of the policy. This gift is as simple as updating your beneficiary designation form with the policy holder. You can designate us as the primary beneficiary for a percentage or specific amount. You can also make us the contingent beneficiary so that we will receive the balance of your policy only if your primary beneficiary doesn't survive you.
- Make an outright gift of an existing policy. You can name us as owner and beneficiary of an existing policy. You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize on your taxes. If you continue to pay premiums on the policy, each payment is tax deductible as a charitable gift when you itemize.
- Make an outright gift of a new policy. You can take out a new policy and irrevocably name Rose Community Foundation as the owner and the beneficiary of the insurance contract. This method may be particularly attractive for the younger donor. Whether you make one single premium payment for the policy or pay annual premiums, each payment is tax deductible as a charitable gift when you itemize.
How You Can Benefit From Giving Life Insurance
Learn more about this simple gift by downloading your free copy of our informative guide Change Lives With Life Insurance.View My Guide
Delay Your Payments
If you are younger than 60 or don't need your payments immediately, you can set up a deferred gift annuity. This allows you to delay receiving payments until a later date—such as when you reach retirement. To learn more, view and download the free guide Plan for Retirement With a Deferred Gift Annuity.
An Example of How It Works
See How It Works
- Contact Judy Altenberg at 303.398.7407 or email@example.com for additional information on life insurance.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Rose Community Foundation in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Rose Community Foundation
Address: 600 S. Cherry Street, Suite 1200, Denver, CO 80246-1712
Federal Tax ID Number: #84-0518447
- Popular Gifts
- Gifts That Provide Income
- More Ways to Give
- contact us
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.